U Music – Music production and music technology
Music is a medium within which young people are able to express their originality, opinions and creativity. With our U Music programme we aim to inspire, nurture and upskill young people in several different areas of music production and performance.
We aim to provide an opportunity for young people to develop specific skills such as creating, performing, producing and recording music. Our Youth Service has a range of dynamic and modern facilities staffed by experienced and youth focused professionals.
- rehearsal space
- live recording rooms
- production suites
- vocal booths
- a performance venue for musical showcases for solo artists or group performances
- a diverse range of musical instruments and technology
This is a Premium service only.
What we can offer
- Personalised music tuition for one-to-one, or small group sessions, three-to-one
- A space where young people can learn basic technical, playing and compositional skills supported by experienced staff
- A space where young people can write and produce their own piece of music or collaborate with others on a group project
- A safe and structured environment for fostering creativity for young people of all musical ability
All of our support can be tailored to address a particular theme, such as healthy relationships and beating bullying.
In addition to helping young people to develop their creative talents and self-confidence through performance, the work they undertake as part of the programme can also contribute to the skills element of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award.
What our customers say
“Used through the youth club and it’s really excellent.”