We support schools in managing their financial resources whilst ensuring current accounting regulations and schemes of delegation are complied with. You will have a dedicated schools finance officer assigned to your school with backup support from our Finance Team. We offer a close working relationship with schools to provide high quality assistance when it is needed most.
What we can offer
Schools can choose a range of support from the options below tailored to individual requirements.
- Support in consistent financial reporting (CFR)
- Advice in the planning, preparing, forecasting and setting of budgets, including virements
- Assistance with closing schools accounts
- Advice with the preparation of detailed salary budgets and help throughout the year with any salary queries
- Assistance with budget monitoring
- Attendance at governing body meetings (to be mutually agreed beforehand)
- Assistance with the preparation of financial information for governors meetings
- Guidance on school finance policies and interpretation of budget control reports
- Schools visits (the focus of which is to be decided by the school)
- Training and coaching for new bursars, finance officers and headteachers on various financial management topics
- Support in the recruitment of finance staff
- Dedicated telephone and email support from a specific officer, with secondary support from the Finance Team
- Close liaison with the internal audit team