As a professional working with children and young people, you work hard to ensure that their experience of using online technology is productive. The support we offer under Safeguarding online is there to help you to make that experience safer too.
This is a premium service only.
What we can offer
Support for parents and carers:
- A qualified trainer who can lead awareness and skills sessions for your parents and carers to support their children in the safer use of online technologies
- Follow-up support to parents and carers attending sessions if they need help outside the group session
- Foster carer and adoptive parent training through the relevant professional teams, highlighting particular areas of risk for vulnerable young people
Continuing professional development:
- Awareness and skills training for school staff, leadership teams, school governors and teaching assistants. Training is also offered through centrally-organised workforce development programmes – for details, see the AfC CPD Online website.
Working with children and young people:
- Sessions for classes, small groups or whole year groups on all aspects of staying safe online for ages 5 to 18
- We are accredited to deliver the CEOP Thinkuknow programme to children and young people
Policy and strategy development:
- We can act as a ‘critical friend’ in reviewing your existing policies and strategy documents and advise on areas to update or develop
- Through the joint LSCB Online Safeguarding and CSE subgroup we disseminate examples of good practice
What our customers say
“Peter Cowley [our Online Safety Adviser] provided excellent training for the staff team and the online resources identified for each school individually have been very helpful.”
“Peter Cowley was very supportive and gave an excellent Parent Information presentation.”