Pupil Benefits Service: Pupil Premium, Free School Meals and 16 to 19 Bursary Support
We aim to ensure maximum take up of pupil benefits by eligible families. The service offers a complete solution for checking entitlement, assessment and processing of applications effectively and swiftly with a minimum burden on schools, supported by ongoing marketing of free school meals (FSM).
What we can offer
- To support schools in administering their own FSM eligibility and registration process
- Access to the free school meals administrative service for advice and guidance provided by dedicated experienced staff, providing complete support for schools
- Access to the Universal Infant Free School Meals (UIFSM) compulsory application programme that ensures that all parents apply for free school meals even though they may be additionally entitled to a UIFSM. This will ensure schools maximise Pupil Premium funding
- Ongoing automatic eligibility checking throughout the year using our eligibility checking service. Any parent that is no longer entitled to free school meals is contacted and given a two week window in which to submit evidence
- Automatic renewal service to schools where no additional information is required from parents
- Monthly reports to schools on free school meals entitlement and the number of applications received
- 16-19 bursary applications real-time entitlement checks for post-16
- Marketing advice by professional, experienced staff, as well as access to material and literature to boost Pupil Premium and free school meal take-up
Any schools that have signed up to the 2015/16 service and do not have an eligible pupil for the service will not be charged for 2016/17.