Family Contact Centre rated outstanding
Twickenham Family Contact Centre has achieved ‘Enhanced Accreditation’ with the National Association of Child Contact Centres.
Feedback from the assessor:
- The Centre is Outstanding and has a clear statement of purpose.
- The team have worked extremely hard in providing an exceptional high standard portfolio for the assessor to view and the centre provides an excellent service for families attending – which was viewed during the enhanced accreditation visit.
- It is a very welcoming centre that provides excellent quality services for the users and staff. It is managed well and has very good resources available to families. All supervisors are clear of what needs to be observed during the contact sessions and potential risks.
- Glowing reports were received from foster carers and parents interviewed on the day.
- All policies and procedures were examined and they are in line with the expectations of accreditation.
- Procedures are in place to ensure reports are of an excellent standard, and supervisors are willing to go that extra mile to ensure families feel comfortable and safe in the centre.
- All the reports of contact were clear and concise, containing the workers summary. Children’s wishes and views are also recorded.
- The ‘Voice of the Child’ is further documented when each child has an opportunity to rate the contact with their parent(s) using small coins.
- The staff’s level of knowledge and qualifications is high; they have had the opportunity to access a wide variety of training suitable for the work which is documented in a training matrix that covers all the required statutory training modules, as well as additional training for individual supervisors. It is felt that this further enhances the service.
23 December 2019