Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information (FOI) Act gives members of the public the right to information held by public authorities. As a community interest company wholly owned by three local authorities (Kingston, Richmond and Windsor & Maidenhead), Achieving for Children is a public authority and we are subject to the requirements of the FOI Act.
Requests for information relating to children’s services, such as the delivery of services, spending and performance in Kingston, Richmond and Windsor and Maidenhead are managed by Achieving for Children.
Before making a request
We may already publish information you are looking for on our website in the form of our Publication Scheme or in other public documents. Our Publication Scheme aims to provide as much information about us as possible. Under the FOI Act, every public authority is required to adopt and maintain a Publication Scheme.
The FOI process
We will have 20 working days in which to give a full response. We will write to you to:
- acknowledge your request
- ask for more details or clarification if your request is not clear
- say whether a fee is required to provide the information requested
- let you know if the information you have requested falls under one of the exemptions under the FOI Act and therefore may not be released. If this is the case, we will tell you which exemption has been applied and the reasons for our decision. The Information Commissioner’s website has more information on exemptions.
In most cases, information will be supplied free of charge. However, in some circumstances, a charge may be applicable for some information, for example paper copies sent out by post. You will be advised of any costs before any information is sent to you.
Make an information request
If you can’t find what you are looking for on our website, open data page or in previous responses, then you can submit a request for information to by email (email@example.com), over the phone or by post (FOI, 42 York Street, Twickenham TW1 3BW).
Your request must include:
- your name
- your address
- a description of the information you wish to obtain and borough it relates to
- any preferences about the format for receiving the information
If your request is refused
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive to an FOI request you can ask us to review it. Your request for an internal review should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
If, after an internal review, you are still not satisfied then you can ask the Information Commissioner to decide whether your request has been dealt with in accordance with the Act.