Education Business Partnership
An increased importance is being placed by Ofsted on the provision of a quality work experience offer, particularly at post-16 where it can be delivered as a core learning aim as part of a study programme.
Sustained and varied contacts with employer networks and other positive role models can motivate students to think beyond their immediate experiences, encouraging them to consider a broader and more ambitious range of future education and career options.
The Education Business Partnership (EBP) engages with the local business community to form and sustain links that provide young people with an insight into the workplace, helping them make informed choices about their future.
The EBP Team are able to coordinate and deliver a range of inspiring work-related learning and employability programmes for schools that introduce students to a varied group of business volunteers and provides them with up-to-date, relevant and realistic overviews of career and industry sectors.
This is a Premium service only.
What we can offer
We can offer a range of support including:
- A flexible work experience service, tailored to each school’s or college’s requirements, using a tried and tested database of local employers, delivering high quality, supportive short term and extended placements for:
- Key Stage 4 cohorts
- post-16 groups
- vulnerable groups of young people
- individuals who require an alternative to a full time curriculum at Key Stage 4 or those without a full A-Level timetable
- Access to an annual borough-wide career event involving over 60 providers
- A menu of employability and enterprise activities that can be adapted to an individual school’s requirement, including CV and interview workshops, workplace visits and employer led, sector-based activities.
- A bespoke employability offer for young people with special educational needs and disabilities
- Information, advice and guidance relating to health and safety issues surrounding work-related learning
The EBP also works in partnership with the 14-19 Team to identify and support the most vulnerable 16-17 year olds who are not in education, employment or training.
What our customers say
“The event was very well organised and ran seamlessly. The talks were well pitched and insightful, and the experience was of enormous value for our students.”
“As always, the EBP staff were professional and organised, and the work experience at our school was a great success. ”
“[The work placement] has helped me to decide where I want to study when I leave school and have a clearer idea of what career I want to have in the future.”