Early Years compliance checklist
This online checklist is completed annually by all early years providers who draw down Early Education Funding for 2, 3 or 4 year olds.
Purpose of the checklist
The information gathered on the checklist serves five main purposes:
- To ensure that early years providers in the local authority are keeping children safe and well protected.
- To ensure that early years providers fulfil the requirements to be on the local authority’s Directory of Providers in order to draw down Early Education Funding for 2, 3 and 4 year olds.
- To inform the Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) of safeguarding processes carried out by EY providers.
- To ensure the local authority can provide support and training for Early Years providers in accordance with the statutory requirements of the EYFS.
- To ensure annual review of setting procedures and policies are being followed.
Before you start
The checklist should only be completed by the childminder, manager, deputy or registered person in the setting.
Make sure you have read the DfE Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (2014), and can refer to it when completing the form.
Please call your Early Years Consultant or email email@example.com if you require support to complete the form.
You will need all setting information including details about:
- Last Ofsted inspection
- Designated roles
- Learning and development
- Safeguarding and child protection
- Suitable people and staff qualifications
- Health and safety
- Information and records
What happens next?
We will contact you if we need clarification on any of the information provided.
Complete the checklist
Complete the checklist here (opens in a new window).