The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
Are you a parent or young person? If so, you will find information for you about the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award on AfCinfo, our website for families. The information on this page is for schools.
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award (DofE) gives young people the chance to do something completely new, taking them out of their comfort zone and into a place where they’ll push themselves and have amazing new experiences. By participating in the programme, they will build confidence, resilience, skills and new friendship groups.
The DofE can help young people to carve out a better future. Colleges, universities and employers regard a DofE Award highly, so it will help to open the right doors.
Our service provides information, advice, support and accreditation in the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award at Bronze, Silver and Gold levels. Achieving for Children is licensed as an operating authority to manage the delivery of DofE programmes and authorise awards.
This is a Premium service only.
What we can offer
- Access to a programme that is nationally recognised by employers, colleges and universities
- Access to a supportive network of DofE providers, including local DofE volunteers, assessors and trained and qualified staff
- Access to staff training and qualification
- Support in a wide range of activities that can help young people:
- gain skills that support long term development
- build self-confidence and identity
- learn how to think independently
- improve time management
- learn how to work as part of a team and build leadership skills
- become more aware of their local community
What our customers say
“This works really well at our school and enables young people to have life changing experiences.”