Continuing Professional Development
We provide a wide range of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) opportunities to the children’s workforce through face-to-face training days, e-learning, workshops, network meetings, briefings and team or service away days.
Access to the learning offer ensures staff have the right skills, knowledge and expertise to work with and support children, young people and their families.
Where appropriate, our provision is multi-agency and multi-disciplinary. This ensures that the training is rich in value for any practitioner working with children and young people. Our experienced trainers are able to differentiate provision according to learning needs, roles or an organisations sector.
What we can offer
Practitioners have access to a wide range of CPD opportunities. These are advertised under the following themes:
- Business and management
- Child development, attachment and transition
- Curriculum networks
- Curriculum support
- Emotional wellbeing and mental health
- Governor support
- Health and safety (including paediatric first aid training)
- Safeguarding and child protection
- Practitioner processes (recording, analysing, reporting)
- Special educational needs and disabilities, inclusion and behaviour (including ASD and ADHD)
- Induction (newly qualified teacher and newly qualified social workers – ASYE offer)
- Conferences (although please note there may be a pay-as-you-go charge to some events)
In addition, we offer comprehensive and intensive cohort training programmes to develop safe and effective practice when working with vulnerable children, young people and families. These include specialist routes for ASD, ADHD, DV and dyslexia as well an accredited leadership and management training.
Courses can be booked online at www.afccpdonline.co.uk
What our customers say
“Courses attended have always been of a very high quality and have been of benefit to the whole staff team. The booking system is well organised.” – Headteacher
“It was the best first aid training I’ve ever had… a fantastic balance between information and physical practice…many thanks to the AfC training team for making such wonderful training available for childcare professionals like me.”