Commissioning is the process we use to identify needs and secure services and other support for children, young people and their families. The services that we commission will usually complement the services that we directly provide or will be services that are best delivered by independently. Our priorities for 2016-19 are set out in our Business Plan.
We have also agreed a number of priorities or commissioning intentions to help deliver our plan.
Commissioning intentions 2016-19
- Support for children and families experiencing domestic violence and abuse
- Interventions and therapeutic support for young people experiencing or at risk of sexual exploitation.
- Supported placements and accommodation for children in care and leaving care.
- Short-break care for children and young people with SEN and disabilities.
- Support for children and young people to develop and maintain good emotional health.
- Early support for vulnerable families with young children.
- Support for young carers.
Information on how we commission services is set out in our Commissioning Framework.