This statement applies to this website (www.achievingforchildren.org.uk) and to the AfC Fostering website (www.afcfostering.org.uk).
At Achieving for Children we are committed to providing a website that is accessible to as many people as possible – regardless of ability or the technology being used to view the website.
We aim to adhere to many of the standards and guidelines recommended by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) – the global authority on coding standards for building websites.
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible, including, but not limited to: some third-party plugins such as Captcha, video iframes, and PDF and other documents.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible, including, but not limited to:
- you can zoom to make text bigger, but you cannot modify the colour of the font, line height or spacing of text
- some PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- some pages may be difficult to navigate using just a keyboard or screen reader
Feedback and reporting accessibility problems
If you find any problems not listed on this page or if you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in seven working days.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Achieving for Children is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions’ listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations:
- Some third-party plugins such as Captcha, and YouTube or Vimeo video embeds that are used on this website do not meet WCAG 2.1 standards and must be resolved by the third parties. We therefore cannot be sure when these issues will be resolved.
- Some of the content does not contain image alt tags, not all images have an appropriate text equivalent.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
- PDFs and other documents: some of our PDFs may be essential to providing information about our services, eg our statement of accounts. We aim to resolve this issue, but cannot currently provide a timescale.
- We will aim to publish any new PDFs or other documents in an accessible format.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We recognise there is room for improvement, and plan to address this by migrating content from this site to our AfCinfo platform.
We are focusing our limited resources on developing the AfCinfo website and making it as accessible as possible. Therefore development work on this website has ceased, with many pages considered to be archived.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 22 September 2020. It was last reviewed on 5 October 2020.
The test was carried out by us using this checklist https://alphagov.github.io/wcag-primer/checklist.html#checklist based on our working knowledge of the site and a review by our web development company.